A birthday party theme that highlights spa parties, sleepovers and shopping – how can you go wrong? Eye catching colors and fun designs make these decorations the perfect choice for a girl's birthday party!
Splendid Spa Party Suggestions!
You can't go wrong incorporating spa party supplies into your birthday celebration and decor! Girls love to be pampered and there are many fun activities that you can plan that will keep the girls entertained for hours! Here are some spa party suggestions:
- Manicure mania!
Enlist the help of older sisters, aunts, neighbors and friends to help out with manicures and pedicures. Give each girl a plastic soaking tub filled with warm water and soaking salts (the tubs can be bought inexpensively at dollar stores). Have all your supplies at the ready, including nail files, clippers, polish, fingernail polish remover and plenty of towels! Depending on the size of the group, you can do the mani/pedis all at once, or break the girls into groups.
- Fantastic facials!
You can have the girls make their own facial masks – it's inexpensive and easy! One spa party recipe for a simple homemade mask is to mash together ¼ of an avocado and mix it together with 1 Tb plain yogurt. Spread the mixture on the face; wait 15 minutes, then rinse off. Alternately, you can purchase bottled clay mask mixture at any drugstore. Have plenty of facial cleansing wipes or baby wipes and washcloths for the girls to remove their masks.
- Homemade spa party lip gloss!
You can make this recipe ahead of time, or have it as a spa party activity. It only requires two ingredients. Just be careful – it can get very hot!
- Place 1 cup Vaseline in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the Vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It can take between 5-8 minutes to melt each batch of Vaseline. It will be liquid when it is fully melted and is VERY HOT! Make sure you wear gloves or oven mitts and make sure the girls are being supervised.
- Take the bowl out of microwave and wait for the Vaseline to cool until it is almost solid again; the temperature needs to be lukewarm to cool for the Kool Aid to dissolve properly.
- Stir in one packet Kool-Aid drink crystals; stir until the crystals are completely dissolved. (If you try and dissolve the Kool Aid in the Vaseline and it is too hot, the crystals will not dissolve)
- If the Vaseline starts to solidify, you can heat again for another 30 seconds.
- Pour/spoon the mixture into your lip gloss containers and leave to solidify for a few hours.
- If desired, print out labels to fit your containers on sticker paper. Place on lip gloss containers.
Sensational Sleepover Party Proposals!
Just the idea of having a sleepover party is cool, but when you try some of our super fun sleepover party ideas, you’ll have a hard time containing their excitement!
- Sleepover party pillowcases! A fun activity and keepsake all in one that the girls can keep as a memento of their slumber party! You will need:
- White pillowcases
- Letter stencils
- Fabric paint in assorted colors
- Stencil brushes
- Sharpie markers or fabric pens
- Allow each girl to stencil their name in the center of their pillowcase. Insert a piece of wax paper or cardboard into the pillowcase to keep the paint from bleeding.
- Let the pillowcases dry for a few hours and then have them sign and write a note on each girl's pillowcase with a permanent marker.
- Heat set the pillowcases with an iron.
And for those girls who were born to shop ….
A fun idea would be to set up shop with a table full of trinkets, goodies and small items like candy, costume jewelry and makeup that are priced to sell! Give each girl play money that they can spend at your store. The girls can "shop" with their money and "buy" what they want!